We have countless special events in our lives – proms, formals, weddings, dances and more that we want to look our very best for. It got us thinking how can you prepare your skin leading up to a big event?
1. It’s not just about what you put on your skin, but also your general health. Leading up to that special occasion it’s important that you maintain a healthy, balanced diet, as well as drinking lots of water.
2. Being calm, collected and prepared can also do wonders. Stress has a serious impact on the health of your skin, which is why it’s not uncommon to face a breakout right before an important milestone in your life.
3. A week before you can reduce your pores, hydrate and brighten your skin with a mask like our 5 Minute Skin Purifying Mask . This mask purifies, cleanses and soothes acne prone skin. You may want to repeat this step the night before your big event too.
4. If you don’t already have one, adopt a regular skin care routine the week leading up to the event. If you are prone to acne consider using acne specific products like SkinB5.
It’s important to cleanse your skin morning and night to ensure you are removing all the dirt, makeup, and bacteria you’ve incidentally encountered during the day. Clogged pores increase the likelihood of acne, providing your skin with the opportunity to breath is important. After you’ve cleansed follow up with a light moisturiser – more if you are prone to dry skin. Top off your skin care routine by taking your daily SKinB5 Acne Control tablets or caplets.
5. Don’t try any new products at least three days before your event. You may not be able to predict how your skin will react to new and unknown ingredients – stick to what you know already works for you!
Have you got some good skin prep tips to share? We would love to hear them!
We've sent you an email with a link to update your password.
A password reset email has been sent to the email address on file for your account, but may take several minutes to show up in your inbox. Please wait at least 10 minutes before attempting another reset.
We recently migrated to a new platform!
This requires you to activate your account again. To do so please click “Create an Account” below, fill in the fields (please note the email MUST be the same email as your account previously otherwise it will be detected as a completely new account) and click register. If your email is detected in our system it will display “Error: We have sent an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, please click the link included to verify your email address.” Please check your email inbox for an activation link. Please note this email may have been sent to your spam box so keep an eye out for it!
Already activated? Sign in below.
No account yet?
Registering for this site allows you to access your order status and history.