Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 30 mins
Since summer is nearly here, why not serve this healthy one-bowl meal of a Quinoa, Strawberry Spinach Salad? It's sweet, healthy, tangy and just delicious in one bite. Not to mention quinoa, strawberries and spinach are packed with powerful antioxidants and loaded with nutrients that help nourish your skin and keeps you staying healthy and strong. Hungry yet? Let’s get started, here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon shallot, finely chopped
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa, warmed
- black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- ⅔ cup of strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups of baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons pecan (optional)
- Cook the quinoa: In a saucepan, add in your quinoa and add in twice as much as water in the saucepan (depends on how much quinoa you want to cook, 1 cup of dry quinoa requires 2 cups of water). Once it comes to a boil, cover and reduces heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed, remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Make the dressing: In a small jar or bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk the ingredients well or screw a lid on the jar and give it a few good shakes. Taste the dressing and adjust the flavors if necessary (add vinegar for a tarter dressing or honey for a sweeter dressing). Set the dressing aside.
- Toast the nuts: In a small pan over medium heat, toast your pecan pieces until they are fragrant and golden (stir often). This should take around five minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together ¾ cup or more of warm quinoa, salt, and pepper. Mix in the strawberries and spinach, drizzle with as much dressing as desired, and mix well. Top with pecan pieces. Enjoy!If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #skinb5recipes on Instagram.
My name is Farah and I am an advocate for natural and organic beauty products, healthy living and a self-proclaimed whole foods enthusiast. My passion for health and beauty stems from my personal experiences dealing with problematic skin and now I want to help others learn my secrets to flawless skin from the inside, out. I’m a firm believer that true beauty comes from what goes inside of your body and I am thankful to be able to educate you and help you to obtain clear skin