The skin is our largest organ. It is delicate and often unforgiving. It is our barrier between our body and the outside world, and will act as our external sign to demonstrate ill health when we are not radiating wellness on the inside.
Dehydrated skin is less able to make new skin cells and repair itself. Dry skin can also make wrinkles much more noticeable.
- Drink lots of water. 2L minimum daily.
- Protect your skin with barrier creams or serums to lock in the moisture.
Protect your skin from damage
- Stay out of the sun for extended periods. The sun can dehydrate the skin causing wrinkles, and damage from UV rays can lead to blemishes and skin cancers.
- Ensure a good barrier cream or serum to protect from fluorescent light as this can damage the skin too!
- Antioxidants can help to repair damage on the inside, and antioxidants used topically can be a direct target to the skin to repair damage on the outside.
- Vitamin C and Vitamin E are fantastic internally and externally for skin repair.
One of the most damaging things that you can do for your skin is smoke. It depletes the skin of essential oxygen & nutrients by narrowing the blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, thereby decreasing blood flow.
Have a regular skin care regime
Skill cells are replaced constantly – the skin you have one month from today will be formed of completely new skin cells! It is important to follow a cleanse-tone-moisturise regime every day.
- Cleanse daily, morning and evening. We need to remove the dirt and grime that accumulates.
- Toning your skin after cleansing is an important step to close your pores & remove any left over dirt, plus the residue from the tap water.
- Moisturising locks in the moisture to our skin and also provides us with a barrier to prevent dirt accumulating directly on the skin.
- Use a deeply cleansing mask at least once a week as it can help to draw out toxins from the skin. SkinB5's Clay Mask has been specifically designed to remove toxins & residual dirt, and deliver key nutrients directly into the skin.
We need ample nutrients for good skin health. A deficiency in zinc will often slow down healing of skin. Acne is linked to a deficiency of key nutrients such as zinc, vitamin B5 and vitamin A, and can be corrected with supplementing with balanced formula's such as SkinB5's Acne Control tablets.
Refined foods can deplete the body of the nutrients & antioxidants required for good skin, so choosing whole foods will always result in clearer more radiant skin.
When we look after our skin with respect and provide the right environment for healing & repair, it will reward us by protecting us from external infectious agents. Don't take your skin for granted – if you care for it well, it will care for you.
Haley is a passionate Naturopath & nutrition expert, writer, and mum of 2 young children, with years of experience in the industry. She is a known as a real 'nutrition nerd' and follows the latest natural health research. As a Paleo and raw food enthusiast, she coaches people in healthy living, beauty and positive mindset. Haley has personally experienced the benefits of the SkinB5 natural acne treatment system and is happy to offer her guidance to help others regain clear skin. Follow her blog at www.aliveinwonderland.com & link with her on facebook at www.facebook.com/aliveinwonderlandhealth
We've sent you an email with a link to update your password.
A password reset email has been sent to the email address on file for your account, but may take several minutes to show up in your inbox. Please wait at least 10 minutes before attempting another reset.
We recently migrated to a new platform!
This requires you to activate your account again. To do so please click “Create an Account” below, fill in the fields (please note the email MUST be the same email as your account previously otherwise it will be detected as a completely new account) and click register. If your email is detected in our system it will display “Error: We have sent an email to email@example.com, please click the link included to verify your email address.” Please check your email inbox for an activation link. Please note this email may have been sent to your spam box so keep an eye out for it!
Already activated? Sign in below.
No account yet?
Registering for this site allows you to access your order status and history.