Foods high in magnesium: -Are awesome acne fighters because magnesium helps to balance out acne-inducing hormones. Try munching on artichokes, oatmeal, brown rice, and figs to get hormonal acne under control.
This acne fighting recipe is filled with skin clearing ingredients that won’t inflame your body or irritate your skin. It is super simple to make and it gives you tons of energy and keeps you feeling full!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked short-grain brown rice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 (13 3/4-ounce) cans no-salt-added chicken broth or Vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add rice, and sauté for 1 minute. Add garlic; sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in water, broth, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and cook over medium-low heat 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Spoon into a bowl; fluff with a fork.
- Top with green onions.
If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #skinb5recipes on Instagram.
My name is Farah and I am an advocate for natural and organic beauty products, healthy living and a self-proclaimed whole foods enthusiast. My passion for health and beauty stems from my personal experiences dealing with problematic skin and now I want to help others learn my secrets to flawless skin from the inside, out. I’m a firm believer that true beauty comes from what goes inside of your body and I am thankful to be able to educate you and help you to obtain clear skin