- For all those who are looking for the perfect substitute for bread, this Paleo flatbread recipe is a heaven sent. Use them as part of your sandwiches or even as a side to a Paleo salad. These flatbreads are full of protein and high in fibre and nutrition.
Prep time: 10 minutes Total time: 15 minutes
1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
2 teaspoons of baking Powder
12 egg whites
1 teaspoon of sea salt
Herbs of choice
Coconut oil/cooking spray
In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg whites and whisk lightly. Add the coconut flour, baking powder, salt and any other spices and whisk immediately to avoid clumping. Set aside.
Coat a large frying pan with oil and on low heat, allow to heat up completely. Once hot, pour 1/4 of the mixture into the pan and cover immediately. Once bubbles start to appear on the edges, remove a cover and flip and cook for 1-2 minutes. Repeat the process until you have four, large flatbreads.
Allow to cool completely before using it as a wrap.
P.S: Egg whites add light, airy texture to baked goods But don’t discard those yolks just yet!
Here are 2 handy options you can consider with your leftover yolks.
- Freeze them! Next time you need to bake or make a hollandaise sauce get those frozen yolks out!
- Make a basic mayonnaise recipe
For an ultra-creamy mayonnaise, this dreamy dressing is hard to beat and easy to eat! Great to use on sandwiches, dips, and sauces.
Prep time: 10 mins
- 4 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup of olive oil
- white pepper
- Place egg yolks, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt in a food processor. Process until mixture just starts to thicken.
- dd the olive oil, until mixture, is thick and creamy. Add remaining lemon juice Season with pepper.
- 3) Transfer mayonnaise to a small, airtight container. Place plastic wraps on the mayonnaise surface to prevent a skin forming. Cover and keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #skinb5recipes on Instagram.
My name is Farah and I am an advocate for natural and organic beauty products, healthy living and a self-proclaimed whole foods enthusiast. My passion for health and beauty stems from my personal experiences dealing with problematic skin and now I want to help others learn my secrets to flawless skin from the inside, out. I’m a firm believer that true beauty comes from what goes inside of your body and I am thankful to be able to educate you and help you to obtain clear skin