We all know that feeling when you walk out the door and for the first time in months, your fingers are freezing, your cardigan just isn’t thick enough anymore and it’s then that you realize that the cooler months are upon us!
With the changing weather conditions, it is especially important to take a few extra measures to keep our skin looking healthy and rejuvenated, even if we’d rather be tucked up at home.
Here are a few tips:
1. Keep Up the Sunscreen!
It may not seem warm or overly sunny, but we are still exposed to strong UV rays so to avoid sunburn always wear sunscreen of at least SPF 15.
2. Protect Yourself from Windburn
As with sun exposure, there’s an added element of chilly air, so when outside cover up with gloves, hats and scarves. Pay special attention to protecting your neck, ears and cheeks. This will help to prevent the skin drying out and avoid ear and chest infections.
3. Stay Healthy from the Inside
- Replenish your body with healthy oils from foods full of monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids, such as fish, nuts, olive oil and our old friend – the avocado!
- Keep up the citrus fruits and dark leafy greens to take advantage of collagen boosting, Vitamin C.
And most importantly…
4. Moisturise. Hydrate. Repeat.
The cooler air has less humidity and really strips the skin of its natural oils and moisture, as does heating inside, so you need to up the hydration routine.
Use lots of moisturiser, especially after to bathing, to lock in moisture and protect against the elements. The SkinB5 Acne Control Moisturiser is great for your face and neck because it is rich in hydration, but still light and non-greasy. It also contains Jojoba Oil, Green tea extract & Aloe Vera, which are natural and really replenishing this time of year.