Is Vitamin B5 really that important?
Vitamin B5 is an all-rounder when it comes to taking care of your body…
So prepare yourself for the long list of benefits Vitamin B5 can have for your health…
- It’s a rejuvenator and moisturizer for your skin, it helps to promote healthy strong hair and nail growth plus works with your adrenal gland to lower stress levels.
- Vitamin B5's core purpose in SkinB5™ formulations is sebum (skin oil) control.
- Vitamin B5 as a moisturiser is most noted for its ability to function as a humectant - that is, a water-binding substance that attracts and retains water, helping moisturise the skin.
As a humectant, Vitamin B5 stabilizes the skin’s barrier function, reducing the amount of water lost through the skin’s surface.
By applying a Vitamin B5 formulation to the skin, you will not only increase its hydration but also help to improve its natural softness and elasticity.
- Vitamin B5 goes beyond its role as a moisturiser, also acting as a natural skin healer and protectant.
When applied to the skin, it offers relief from itchiness and pain and reduces redness. To protect the skin, Vitamin B5 acts as a barrier, shielding the skin from irritation.
- Vitamin B5's effectiveness in hydrating, soothing, healing and protecting skin makes it an effective ingredient in formulations to alleviate many skin conditions, including acne, minor cuts, contact dermatitis (occurring when the skin comes in contact with irritants or allergens), eczema, insect bites, scrapes and even sunburn.
As mentioned, Pantothenic Acid soothes, softens and moisturises the skin - helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It's natural exfoliating properties also fight free radicals and promote skin cells to consistently regenerate, resulting in a more youthful, fresh appearance.
- Vitamin B5 helps the skin (plus other body tissues) to maintain optimal health, promotes tissue healing and assists in the metabolism of fats, proteins and carbohydrates.
This helps the body to create healthier tissues, cells and organs overall.
- Vitamin B5 as an Anti-Stress Agent Vitamin B5 is related to the functioning of the adrenal gland, which produces stress hormones in our body.
Pantothenic acid supports the adrenal gland, helping to keep the gland in optimal health and functioning well.
- Daily dosages of Vitamin B5 may also be helpful for healthy blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It can help the body use fat more efficiently and puts the brakes on cholesterol synthesis.
After all those facts about Vitamin B5, can you see why it's the key ingredient of our products…
Learn more about our Vitamin B5-based skincare lineup by clicking here.