Eating avocados is good for your skin and particularly your face. Why? Its fatty acids moisturize and soften your skin cells. And you are also giving your body a lot of skin protecting antioxidants, like beta-carotene, vitamin C and vitamin E, to prevent wrinkles and slow down the visible signs of aging. Try our avocado hummus dip today and tell us what you think of it below!
Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: None
- 1 can chick peas, well drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 - 2 tablespoons of finely chopped coriander/cilantro leaves, for topping
Pulse chick peas, olive oil, tahini, lime juice, and garlic in a food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and avocados and pulse mixture until smooth and creamy, about 1 - 2 minutes longer. Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips.