Pesto is a staple in the kitchen and while we love it tossed with fresh pasta, pesto can be a versatile ingredient in all sorts of other dishes. While you may just think of pesto as something to be tossed with pasta (and how good it is like that?) pesto has so much more to offer. It can be used as spreads, in baking, breakfast, dressing or a dipping sauce even. Here’s how to make some from scratch
Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula if necessary.
If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #skinb5recipes on Instagram.
My name is Farah and I am an advocate for natural and organic beauty products, healthy living and a self-proclaimed whole foods enthusiast. My passion for health and beauty stems from my personal experiences dealing with problematic skin and now I want to help others learn my secrets to flawless skin from the inside, out. I’m a firm believer that true beauty comes from what goes inside of your body and I am thankful to be able to educate you and help you to obtain clear skin
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- ¼ cup shelled hemp seeds (also called hemp hearts) or the traditional pine nuts , however hemp seeds have just a tad more protein
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste (about ½ a teaspoon is a good amount)