- Choose a water-based, non-comedogenic foundation: the product of choice should be non-greasy, hypoallergenic, and water-based. This minimises irritation and will not create further redness or inflammation. Look for products that say non-comedogenic; this means it will not clog pores.
- Don’t layer it on: it is hard to resist the temptation to apply a thick layer of foundation to cover raised, red and angry pimples. Don’t do it, it will just make things worse! Use a minimal amount of foundation and use a mineral loose powder as finishing. To cover redness, use a colour correction foundation.
- Choose natural ingredient makeup: Some makeup contains harsh acids or ingredients that harm the skin, so it is best to use mineral makeup to minimise irritation. Use a natural, light hydrator, like SkinB5 Acne Control Moisturiser, before putting on a makeup as a protective barrier to keep the skin fresh and moist underneath the makeup. You can even combine the SkinB5 moisturiser with a high-quality mineral makeup products, an easy anti-acne trick!
- Keep it light: Always lightly apply foundation with bare hands and in a dabbing motion. Allow your skin to have breaks to breathe and recover by scheduling in makeup free days. When a little coverage is required, use a mineral loose powder instead of foundation.
- Remove makeup the right way: Always remove makeup before bed and never reapply makeup to old makeup. As always, remember to cleanse (with a gentle cleanser like SkinB5 Acne Control Cleansing Mousse) and moisturise morning and night.
Top 5 Makeup Tips to Compliment Anti-Acne Skincare Practices
Posted by Judy Cheung-Wood on