Hi SkinB5 Tribe! We have the low down on the Do’s and Don’ts of skincare below:
- DO GO MAKE UP FREE give your skin some time to breathe every now and then. Make up clogs the skin and restricts your skin from ‘breathing’. Going make up free gives your skin a little bit of a break.
- DO STAY HYDRATED drinking water is one of the best things you can do for your skin. Water flushes out the toxins floating around the body and your skin is reflective of internal health. Hydration is essential for your internal health as much as it if for the health of your skin. We recommend around 8 glasses a day, however you may need to drink more on hot days or when you are experiencing additional stress.
- DO EAT HEALTHY Last month we discussed ‘Food and Your Skin’. Your food can have a big impact on your skin. Fresh veggies and fruits often have essential vitamins and minerals you need to keep your skin looking fresh and healthy.
- DON’T SCRUB TOO HARD While you may often see advice that tells you to regularly exfoliate, it’s important to approach your skin with care and be gentle. Scrubbing too hard, or too often can leave your skin looking dry and harsh.
- DON”T PICK AT YOUR SKIN it’s not uncommon to want to pick at your skin when you are experiencing acne, but picking at your skin can lead to scarring and infections. Often, picking actually causes the contents of your pimple to be imbedded further into the skin, so… AVOID PICKING! J
- DON”T TOUCH YOUR SKIN you touch things with your hands all day, meaning that our hands are often loaded with bacteria – it’s even said that a dog’s mouth is cleaner than a human’s hand! Wow, that’s scary! Avoid unnecessarily touching your face throughout the day. If you do need to touch your face make sure you wash your hands thoroughly first.
Have you got any DO’s or DON’TS you live by?