The leaves are changing colors, the sweaters are approaching out of wardrobes, the air is getting crisper and so are apples! One of the best things about fall is crunchy fresh apples. Apples aren’t just delicious; they can also have awesome skin benefits like vitamins A, C B5 and B9 which are known to make your skin glow, strengthen hair and nails and speed up your skin cell production. So if you’re looking a new healthy snack option, try these two ingredient baked apple chips and indulge in their beauty benefits!
Note: For the recipe, make sure to use apples that have a great flavor to begin with, that you would enjoy eating raw. Also I like to make the apple chips on a weekend morning so that they are ready for a late afternoon snack. They take very little prep work, only about 5 to 10 minutes, and then you can throw them in the oven and forget about them for a while.
- 1-2 apples (royal gala or your preferred apples)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder to taste (optional)
Have you ever made apple chips? How do you do it?
- Preheat oven to 200 ° degrees Celsius or 390 ° degrees Fahrenheit
- Using a sharp knife or mandolin, slice apples thinly. Discard seeds.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange apple slices on it without overlapping. (if they overlap, they’ll stick to each other and they won’t dry properly).
- Sprinkle cinnamon over apples.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, then flip. Continue baking for another 1 hour or until the apple slices are no longer moist.
- Let the chips cool down and serve.
- For any left overs store in airtight container.